Are you looking for the next step in your career?
What are we looking for?
The Executive Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring Instructor to join this thriving specialist CSE School. Reporting to the Executive Headteacher, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Students attending the school have been placed in the care of Cambian Group. Some will have statements of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
Age range: 7 – 16 years
Placement: 39 week, day
Students may be diagnosed with or present with:
– Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties
– Challenging behaviour
– Likely history of placement or family breakdown
– Attachment difficulties
– History of trauma
Many of the pupils that attend Chase House School have previously struggled to engage in education and their experiences of education has been negative.
Chase House School’s mission is to raise learner’s confidence and self-esteem through an inspiring and engaging curriculum; to enable learners to see the benefit of education helping the learners to develop creative and enquiring minds; to support learners to develop social and emotional skills and give them a sense of ambition so that they can meet their academic potential and make a positive contribution to the community.
We believe that education is the key to success. We aim to dismantle barriers to learning through a therapeutic Thrive@ approach to yield positive outcomes, leading to greater integration with community and society.
Each learner will be engaged in a learning programme that is appropriate to age and ability. Baseline assessment is used to formulate learning goals and a curriculum targeted to the needs of the individual, Literacy and Numeracy at the core. For older students there are opportunities to follow a range of accredited courses.
Students’ progress and achievement are constantly monitored in order to adapt teaching and learning with further support or to stretch and challenge our students accordingly
- Understanding of teaching, learning and qualifications
- Experience of working in non-mainstream settings with challenging learners
- Ability to empathise and support the development of learning
- Robust understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Good general level of education (Teaching qualification, ideally hold a Level 2 qualification in Mathematics and English or equivalent)
- Excellent delivery and communication skills
- You must be reliable, flexible, adaptable, and possess the ability to motivate and inspire.
- Good coordination and organisational skills
- Demonstrable track record of student achievement
- Innovative, fast thinking and versatile
- Excellent time management
- Good general level of ICT skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience of working with E3/L1 qualifications
- Achieved or working towards L3 Award in Teaching.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it. Join us, and we’ll show the same commitment to helping you achieve your personal best in your career.
Cambian is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.