Salary: £38000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Security & Car Parking Manager to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Healthcare on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Security & Car Parking Manager, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- To help with the cost of living crisis, Compass will be providing a free meal or equivalent Subsidy while working
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
To assist the Contract Director and manage the Security and Car Parking Services, inclusive of ID Access; and to deliver a responsive, quality, customer orientated service, which meets the demands and expectations of the customer, through leadership and motivation of staff and effective budgetary control. To develop services during the term of the contract and deliver successful Security & Car Parking Services, ensuring best practice in all areas of services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Effective management of the Security and Car Parking team
- Engage and develop a positive working relationship with stakeholders
- Engage with clients to build positive working relationships
- To plan and deliver Security and Car Parking Services that operate and best complement the overall efficiency, effectiveness and quality of Medirest Services
- Responsible for the Security and Car Parking elements of the project plan in liaison with the Contract Director
- Responsible for the effective people planning, staff mapping and successful integration of Security and Car Parking teams.
- To develop our people plan to support current and future business priorities from a Security perspective.
- Assist with the management of the Security and Car Parking budget to contract baseline.
- Responsible for compliance with all statutory / regulatory legislation pertaining to Security and Car Parking Services inclusive but not exclusively:
- Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation
- Security Industry Authority
Our ideal Security & Car Parking Manager will:
- Must have experience in Coordinating support / soft services business in the NHS or private sector.
- Must be able to demonstrate a pro active approach to business initiatives and change.
- Must have financial and commercial awareness and be able to demonstrate achieving financial targets and KPI results.
- Managing staff including absence, disciplinary and investigation skills and excellent communicator at all levels.
- Client and customer focused.
- Able to influence stakeholders including managers, client and staff.
- Must demonstrate leadership; able to motivate and achieve results through your team.
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills including report writing and compile and interpret data.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate continuous improvement of team or function.
- Must be IT literate in Microsoft Office.
- Must hold an up to date SIA License (to be able to manage a Security team)
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject or a suitable professional qualification such as Level 6 Certified Security Management Professional, Certified Protection Professional etc, and suitable experience required
- Experience / Knowledge of dealing / negotiating with trade unions.
- LEAN principles
- Training qualification
- Working knowledge of the NHS security operations including:
- British Security Industry Association’s Code of Practice
- Security Industry Training Organisation Standards
- UK GDPR
- Experience of managing budgets and computerised central control of static systems is desirable.
- Other key skills include managing staff, training, and recruitment.
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Job Reference: com/2011/71075009/52607470/ONEWJ
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!