Salary: £11.00 per hour
Shift hours: Part Time
To support the service delivery of the COVID-19 Mobile Testing Units, we are seeking to recruit individuals to work as part of a team of Security Officers.
As a Security Officer for the Mobile Testing Unit, you will be responsible for assisting those attending the Testing Unit to receive a test. From manning the entry gate and checking that entry requirements have been met, to providing live instructions to the service users.
You will provide a safe and secure environment in support of excellent people care and leaving people with a good impression of the security service. You will deploy a calm and reassuring presence and above all else, be a professional and authoritative figure. As infection control is an extremely important factor, Security will be helping to enforce the social distancing and PPE rules. Full training and PPE will be provided.
Please note, you must be available to work 12 hour day shifts, on a 3 days on 3 days off rota shift pattern. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have access to a vehicle as the Test Site will change from day to day and you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Test Site that will be assigned to with less than 48 hours notice. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- To be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful always whilst carrying out duties to the highest standard
- To maintain and endorse Government guidelines with reference to Covid19
- Provide assistance and ensure that site policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all site documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all security incidents and emergencies are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner and in accordance with site policy and procedure
- Liaise closely with statutory authorities dealing with incidents and to provision of information
- Diligent monitoring and completion of site records/reference material including H&S documents, Assignment Instructions, Incident Forms and Site Occurrence Book
- SIA Frontline Guarding License
- You must have access to a vehicle as you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site without travel expenses with location assigned with less than 48 hours notice
- PC Literate with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience of time management
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company’s standards, to the contract
- Have a sound knowledge of Security techniques
- Fully understands the Site and local Emergency procedures
- Understanding of the computer systems in operation within the security section
- Understanding of the CCTV system in operation
- Understanding of all alarm systems
- Understands the need to maintain diplomatic silence
- Always understands the need to display an official but courteous manner
- Professional or further qualification in Security Operations
- Fire Warden
- Working Knowledge of BS7858:2013
Location: Blackburn, England