Salary: Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you a senior health and safety professional looking for a new challenge?
Here at Compass Group we are currently recruiting for a Senior HSE Manager to join our Health & Safety team. As the Senior HSE Manager you will be the SME and sector lead for HSE matters within our education sector (Chartwells) where you will liaise directly with the sector MD and Operational Leadership Teams. You will provide competent advice, guidance and support to operational teams to enable them to carry out their HSE responsibilities whilst undertaking reactive and proactive monitoring of HSE including incident investigation, audits, inspections and analysis of performance data. You will also support the retention and mobilisation of new business in order to facilitate the implementation of effective HSE standards
Progressing a career with Compass Group means that you aren’t just taking another job. It’s an opening to an exciting and rewarding career within Health & Safety within a global organisation. It’s your chance to join a company that places its people, their development and their success at the forefront of what we do. Compass is the world’s largest food and support services company, with operations not just in the UK but on almost every continent. We boast some exciting contracts and we are always on the lookout for the best talent to join us.
Your responsibilities will evolve with the change and needs of the business but will include:
- The effective liaison with the sector MD and Operational Leadership Teams to ensure they are kept informed of Compass HSE initiatives, updates or improvements
- Attendance at sector MD Leadership Team Meetings as required by sector MD
- Communication with sector MD and Leadership Teams on any significant incidents in the sector that require specific actions
- An effective partnership with the Regional HSE Directors on changes or improvements to HSE Management Systems to enhance the business and ensuring sector requirements are included
- Providing competent HSE advice, guidance and support to managers
- Supporting the communication of important HSE messages out to regional operational teams to help drive HSE compliance
For us to be right for you, and for you to be right for us, you will have a relevant qualification in Health & Safety and Environment Management. You will have demonstrable experience of working within schools and the education sector and excellent working knowledge of allergens and special dietary requirements.
Used to working from home and frequent regional UK travel ideally within a facilities management organisation, you will have experience of anticipating issues, identifying solutions and providing clear guidance to senior stakeholders. A confident communicator, you will be able to influence, engage and work collaboratively across the business.
Location: Nationwide – mobile working