At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The IT Operations Manager is a leadership role and will own the support of Burberry’s tooling across the Product, Supply Chain and Sustainability technology. They will line manager the support team based in the UK and Italy and work closely with Product Owners, Project teams and the central Service Management team.
- Lead the support of Burberry’s technology landscape across Product, Supply Chain and Sustainability
- Manage and motivate the support team based in the UK and Italy
- Lead in support planning and optimisation across Internal Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Wholesale, Merchandising and Data as it evolves with the business
- Proactively work to reduce single points of failure across the support model and support a shift left agenda
- Contribute towards Incident Resolution, Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management
- Shape support contracts with 3rd parties ensuring support cover is appropriate from a business need and cost perspective.
- Champion a enterprise and cross functional approach to support and service maintenance.
- Working closely with Service Management team to proactively manage backlogs and escalating where necessary
- Work closely with the Delivery teams to ensure support is considered in future project work
- Operate in accordance with Burberry’s approved policies, procedures, and processes
- Contributing to the Delivery Leadership Team
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of ITIL processes including Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Team leadership experience and knowledge of building and shaping a high performing team.
- Strong Data literacy skills.
- Strong troubleshooting/RCA skills and confident approach to remote support.
- Analytical and methodical approach to incident investigation.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to clearly articulate themselves, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings.
- Understand and empathise with customer needs and challenges.
- Self-motivated, creative, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-directed and independent worker who can also lead through cross-functional incidents and initiatives.
- Comfortable building collaborative relationships with the ability to constructively challenge.
- Strong judgement, with willingness to take responsibility for decisions.
- Experience in Product Development, Supply Chain and Retail is highly beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and work effectively with others at all levels across the business.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.