We are looking for a Senior Payroll Auditor to join our team at Cygnet Nepicar House in Kent.
Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK’s largest independent providers of mental health care. Cygnet is now looking to appoint a Senior Payroll Auditor to join our Head Office Finance team based in Wrotham Heath, Sevenoaks.
The purpose of this role is to lead and continue to build on the current payroll audit, following the yearly audit plan to ensure all payroll companies and sites are tested throughout the year and any risks are highlighted in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Line management of the Internal Audit Payroll Assistant, ensuring all training needs are met and supporting them with the monthly payroll audit testing.
- Completing monthly audits on the below areas (this list is not exhaustive):
- Right to work of all Cygnet employees.
- Enhanced maternity pay – ensuring all payments and return to work are in line with the Cygnet policy.
- Referral bonus – keeping a track of all Cygnet staffs referral bonus, ensuring the amounts and payments are in line with the Cygnet benefits guide.
- Salary sacrifice schemes – ensuring all payments/deductions are made and the correct paperwork is in place.
- Staff existence – checking all salaried staff for the Cygnet group are active employees and have valid contracts and DBS’s in place.
- Complete 6 monthly audits:
- Payroll approvals for the Cygnet Group.
- Yearly audits:
- Annual leave buy and sell scheme – ensuring all employees meet the minimum requirements to qualify and any leave sold or purchased is reflected in both the payroll and HR systems.
- Annual leave carried over – ensuring any leave carried over from a previous holiday year is in line with the Cygnet policy and authorised by a relevant manager.
- Minimum wage audit.
- Ad hoc investigations that may arise from the monthly/yearly testing or the Senior Management team.
- 2/3 years of either working in payroll or audit experience is essential.
- Experience in a line management position is desirable.
- Working towards a recognised accounting qualification is essential.
- Competent Excel skills are essential for the role.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other finance teams.
- Professionally mannered and well presented.
- Ability to deal with complex queries and resolve in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to manage own workload daily.
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office applications
- Data analytics
- Effective Time Management
- Team Player
- Good Written/Verbal Communication
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Free Health Cash plan
- 24 hours free GP support line
- Free life assurance cover
- Free eye tests
- Car lease discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Free mortgage broker and Insurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Employee NHS – discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to limits on sponsorship allocations, we are not currently in a position to offer sponsorship to new candidates for these roles, this remains under review.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Job Reference: CYG32577