*£500 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
Job Title – Team Leader – Residential Child Care
Location – Fife
Salary – £32,280- £33,099 DOE & Qualifications
Contract type – Permanent
Working hours – 37.5hrs per week, as part of a rota including sleep overs (2 days on and 4 days off – average of 10 sleep overs per month)
ACAD is a well-established residential childcare and education provider with services based across Scotland, providing residential childcare services since 2001. ACAD is part of the CareTech Family. Established in 1993, CareTech is a leading nationwide social care provider delivering a package of high quality, individually tailored care and support solutions to children, young people, and adults across the UK
We are seeking, professional, compassionate and empowering Team Leaders to provide care and support for children and young people who are unable to live with their families. You will also have responsibility for the supervision of Residential Child Care Practitioners and support them to undertake their role effectively.
Often, our children and young people have been subject to adverse childhood experiences and trauma. We are seeking people who have a good understanding of the difficulties and challenges that children may face and have the confidence and ability to support them to recover, grow and flourish.
We provide children with a safe and nurturing environment within our services, and need caring and compassionate individuals who can demonstrate these attributes within a challenging yet rewarding environment.
If you believe you have the skills, values and desire to help support our young people to achieve their full potential, then we want to hear from you.
Your new role
- We believe this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated and trauma-informed team, and to work directly with children and young people to make a difference to their opportunities and outcomes.
We expect that you will:
- Provide a supervisory role for Residential Child Care Practitioners
- Ensure that the care team have the knowledge, skills and ability to provide effective care for children and young people
- Undertake on-call responsibilities
- Contribute to assessments and care plan arrangements and participate in reviews and meetings with other professionals
- Deputise in the absence of the house manager where necessary
- Safeguard and promote the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people
- Adhere to professional standards and registration requirements.
- You will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Residential Child Care Practitioner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- HNC Social Care and SVQ 3 qualifications
- Ability to work towards completion of SVQ 4
- A sound understanding of childcare theory and interventions
- Working knowledge of childcare related legislation, health and social care standards and national guidelines.
To support you in this role, we provide a range of specialist training programmes and invest in your professional development. We provide a comprehensive induction programme and support people to achieve professional qualifications where required. We provide a competitive salary, including a sleepover allowance, and offer a full-time permanent contract. Our employees have access to an employee assistance programme and pension scheme.
As an additional incentive, we offer a £500 welcome bonus and a £1000 recommend a friend bonus*
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all Residential Childcare Workers to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us. CareTech will cover the cost of this check. You will also be required to be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within ACAD and CareTech only.
Location: Dumfries, DG2 0TG