Senior SEO Manager
Chancery Lane, London,
At Digitas, we harness the power of connection to make positive impact everyday. We have a relentless focus on creating connections to help our clients’ businesses grow, connecting diverse people, ideas and expertise in innovative and exciting ways.
We are making positive impact with our amazing clients, through our capabilities in Consulting, Products & Platforms, Customer Engagement and Digital Media.
Part of Publicis Groupe, and a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies, we’re proud to work with some of the world’s leading brands.
Digitas. Experience the power of connection.
Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Senior SEO Managers are embedded into SEO client teams to lead SEO retainers, campaigns and implementation for clients. Responsible for providing an expert level SEO analysis including keyword research and targeting, competitor analysis, content and backlink audits and end to end outreach and engagement strategy creating effective online quality signals for our clients.
Seniors within the team have an expert level of SEO knowledge and act as leaders within the
team for SEO expertise, client management, ideas, innovation and problem solving.
SEO campaigns are a team effort and Senior SEO Managers work closely with other members of the SEO team, as well as with our Technical Search and Media Content team. Together this forms a complete SEO team around a client to produce best in class SEO campaigns that deliver against client’s business goals and objectives.
- Accountable for the implementation and delivery of high level SEO campaigns according to the agreed SEO strategy, including activity planning and scheduling
- Responsible for all aspects of SEO analysis and delivery including keyword research, competitor analysis, content and backlink audits
- Responsible for external link development from campaign ideation through to execution and reporting
- Identifying opportunities to collaborate with journalists and influencers, pitching stories and spotting the best routes to gain timely press coverage for brands
- Responsible for leadership, knowledge sharing, innovation spotting and training
- Responsible for contributing to the continuing improvement of our SEO service
- Audience research and identification, blogger engagement and relationship management, trend spotting, content creation, social media activity and new technique innovation and implementation
- Identifying key opportunities including innovations and up and cross sells for clients
- Work towards client targets and goals within media campaigns
- Continuously increasing knowledge of media channels, particularly SEO and keeping up to date with the marketplace and industry and integrating these developments into client campaigns
- Working collaboratively with other parts of the business including wider Media, Professional and Client Services, Data, Creative, and always putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Effectively manage client communications
- Proven experience in SEO, preferably within an agency environment
- Expert level of SEO knowledge
- Experience working directly with clients as a lead contact on accounts
- Experience devising and delivering SEO strategies
- Experience pitching, upselling and writing proposals
- Some knowledge of cross-digital campaigns, in particular PPC
- Experience in using enterprise SEO platforms such as (SEMrush, BrightEdge, Searchmetrics, etc.) and other common SEO tools such as Screaming Frog
- Hands on experience with Google Analytics
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage relationships with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.