Who is Super Payments? We are revolutionising the traditional online payment & shopping experience. Our goal is simple: we believe that customers and retailers are underserved by the current financial system and deserve a better and fairer deal.
We are about empowering customers to shop smartly and earn instant cash back and for retailers to extricate themselves from prohibitive fees and increase their sales.
Led by former CEO of Funding Circle, Samir Desai, we have raised $30m of funding from leading venture capital and angel investors including Accel, Union Square Ventures and Localglobe, in one of the largest ever pre-seed funding rounds in Europe.
Our Values – Our culture is our DNA. it defines our mission, our goals, how we operate and communicate on a day to day basis, and how we attract and hire great talent:
- Be customer obsessed.
Everything begins here. We only succeed if consumers and retailers succeed.
Faster, better, cheaper for the customer.
- Move fast.
Build, iterate and learn quickly – always think of the automated solution first.
A slow decision is worse than a wrong decision.
- Own it.
Think big, start small and power through problems to get it done.
A small group of committed people can change the world.
- Be open.
Build open, honest and respectful relationships with each other.
Transparency and integrity builds trust.
- Win together.
Great work cannot be achieved alone. Bring the humility and leave the ego at the door.
It’s better to have a hole than an arsehole.
The design world of Super Payments:
We see User Experience as a spectrum.
All the way on the left we find pure user research, moving into the middle is experience design, then on the right we have pixel-pushing UI design. All roles along the spectrum are separate from each other, however we collectively design opportunities to answer our user’s needs.
We’re looking for a UX designer who enjoys sitting closer to the middle of the spectrum – you’re interested in understanding user needs and translating them into usable experiences which can be rapidly tested, improved and then applying our new brand.
Your experiences to either ends of the spectrum are welcomed, however your core focus will be classic interaction design to work alongside research and UI design. When an exciting new opportunity comes for us to evolve any of the workstreams, we will swarm on a task to ensure that we have interesting input from all of our design brains.
Our business has several moving parts from both the business functionality side and the customer facing app. You will own the experience of your workstream and be responsible for ensuring that our users are meeting their goals, identifying opportunities for improvement and working on exciting new enhancements as you see fit.
We’re customer-obsessed and user research is at the core of everything that we do – we don’t move on hunches, but rather we’ll prove that our designs intuitively enrich the experiences and create excitement amongst our customer base. You’ll have resource to run multiple short-fire user tests when you feel the need, plus when there’s an idea with a grander shift, we’ll run larger scale qualitative and quantitative tests to really get things right before pushing pixels out to the world.
What you will be doing:
- Reporting to Jimmy, our Head of User Experience, you’ll be owning the experience for your own workstream, as our product comes to true scale
- Creating wireframes and delivering prototypes for user testing
- Analysing user feedback to better understand consumer needs
- Finding creative ways to solve our user problems – usability, findability, accessibility & excitement generators
- Working with our UI designers, developing wireframes and specs ready for development
- Communicating your design ideas and prototypes to our developers
- Rationalising your designs with development to be an experience gatekeeper – ensure that what’s brought live matches your vision
- Staying relevant with competitor products and industry trends
- We don’t require a traditional portfolio – there’s so much more to UX than what can be shown in a static image. However, we’d love for you to take us through your recent work and how you came to your design decisions.
We'd love it if you have*:
- Proven experience as a UX designer
- Familiarity with interaction design, information architecture and how they’re applied to webapps
- Proficiency in modern design software – we love Figma, Miro and Protopie, however we’re keen to know what’s in your workflow and can bring to our DesignOps
- Excellent communication skills – you’ll rationalise your designs to our business team, developers and fellow designers
- Experience with Fintech, Banking or Finance applications is desirable, but not essential
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Our Benefits – here’s a few and more to come ….
- Tax advantage Share Options
- Choice of laptop – Macbook or Windows
- Flexible working model
- Work from home set up
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Team lunch and social evenings
- Your birthday off, plus one Revival day
- Referral bonus (£2,000)
If you are excited about sharing the adventure, joining a growing team with big ambitions and you are really great at what you do, then apply now!
Super Payments is an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, neurodiversity status, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments at any point during the application and/or recruitment process.