This role is pivotal in helping our 65,000 colleagues find out what they need to know, and do what they need to do, as simply and as quickly as possible.
You will be joining a team who have won numerous global awards and recognition for their work in previous organisations, and it is our intention that this intranet will become best in class and inspire others, both within Government Departments and more broadly across all industries.
HMRC Communications will own the new SharePoint-based intranet and you will be responsible for configuring, improving and maintaining the intranet so that it meets business need and is fast, frictionless and relevant to the end user.
You will build an intimate knowledge of the product, and users’ experience of the product, to help identify improvements, and work with the Lead Product Manager to implement the product roadmap.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, working alongside a SharePoint Support Developer, Business Analysts, a dedicated content team and supporting a community of content creators across the organisation. The team will strive to fully understand the colleague experience and technical overheads that requirements bring, to maintain a consistent message and experience in the intranet’s roadmap.
You will also maintain relationships with HMRC’s Chief Digital Information Officer Group and the Transforming our Intranet programme to specify and commission improvements that go beyond day-to-day maintenance.
As a specialist in SharePoint, you will be part of a broader, growing community of SharePoint specialists across HMRC to share and grow your knowledge. You will support the content community to develop relevant knowledge and skills to edit and upload accessible content. As part of the team, you will help design and deliver relevant training.
- To develop, continuously improve and maintain HMRC’s SharePoint intranet product utilising the full suite of Microsoft’s Power Platform products
- To act as the escalation and liaison point for all intranet related incidents
- Build relationships with stakeholders, internal technical teams and third party suppliers to achieve business objectives
- To contribute to the development of, and implement, the intranet’s product roadmap, which could include creating, managing and delivering processes and development plans
- To act as an adviser on publishing best practices and accessibility standards
- Support the business to transition independent SharePoint intranet sites into the SharePoint intranet in line, as agreed
- Lead by example through your work across the public sector, with the intranet helping other teams understand the art of the possible with SharePoint.
You would be expected to have experience of and demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Experience of building, maintaining and developing SharePoint sites, using Agile principles to balance competing demands
- Experience leading in a live service environment, managing incidents at pace and delivering a product roadmap as part of a multidisciplinary product team, both technical and non-technical.
- Deep knowledge and experience of the Microsoft 365 suite and capabilities, in particular the Power Platform suite of products, including workflows using Power Automate
- An aptitude for coding and syntax, with the ability to debug code, create complex and non-complex formulas in Excel and Power Automate
- Working knowledge of best practice for accessibility
- Experience of using Microsoft’s SharePoint Framework (SPFx) development environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Power Platform’s Power BI product
- Experience configuring search in a SharePoint Modern environment
- Experience of Microsoft’s suite of Viva products
- Experience of drafting and delivering training for a non-technical audience
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Salary: £45170 per annum
Job Category: IT & Internet