We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Obelisk House provides exceptional levels of support in residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in a residential suburb in Northampton and it offers a wonderful living environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With our great accommodation and facilities and a programme of activities, our care home evoke a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
What will you be doing?
As a shift leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a key worker for designated customers, ensuring they are supported in all aspects of their life.
- Monitoring and administering medication, personal care and as directed by their individual care plan, help maintain health and wellbeing.
- Prioritise and direct the workload of team members accordingly, ensuring any issues are dealt with as they arise.
- Ensure all administration tasks are carried out with accuracy. Inputting additional information onto care plans, as required.
- Liaising with health care professionals.
Offering flexibility for either full or part time working. Such as 37 hours per week or 24hpw or 15hpw. Shifts are between 07.30-15.00, 14.00-21.30 and include alternate weekends.
- Previous experience within a Care / Shift Leader position.
- NVQ level 2 in Health & Social care or equivalent.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.