Salary: Up to £50000 per annum ( dependent on experience)
We have an exciting opportunity for a software engineer to play a key role in transforming our technology and delivering features to our members.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing and developing quality software solutions
- Challenging and improving our processes, tools and approach
- Sharing your expertise with others
- Supporting our solutions, occasionally out of hours
You will have demonstrable knowledge and related experience in relevant software development practices, with a clear understanding of a variety of engineering solutions and practices. You will bring fresh and challenging new ideas to our team, helping to shape the future of our digital platforms.
- API development
- Clean Code practices
- Test driven development and/or behaviour driven development
- Agile ways of working
- Continuous integration and deployment tools
- Unit testing
- Ensuring code quality
- Engineering related qualification and/or software development experience in a commercial environment using Java frameworks.
- .Net (C#) experience
- Oracle PL/SQL skills
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies, preferably AWS
Coventry Building Society is the second largest building society in the UK. Despite being a national Society, we keep our local values and loyalty, and its caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say and our recent employee survey has resulted in us being named as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing by Great Place to Work.
We offer fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities and a place where everyone can feel proud to work.
Location: Coventry-Binley Business Park