Salary: £28,500pa – £29,500pa + great benefits
Shift hours: Part Time
Sodexo have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join our catering and hospitality team at Coventry University. This role is primarily Monday to Friday, with flexibility for occasional weekend / evening work for some networking and events.
As Sous Chef you will report into and support our Executive Chef overseeing a small team to ensure we deliver the highest standards of service to our customers. With excellent craft skills and flexibility to produce a range of requirements, you will ensure the efficient preparation of fresh quality food.
This position will suit an experienced Sous Chef with a passion for food, who is skilled in food delivery and customer experience, is good at situational decision making and has a good eye for detail. You will thrive on a challenge and have strong interest in really making a difference. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. You would be part of a highly supportive team.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of quality food for students on campus including events and hospitality
- Ensure food provided is to the correct standard and as the service offer
- Supervise, motivate and inspire the existing team to ensure a high-quality service is delivered providing
- Develop the hospitality offering and the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site
- Order and control stock levels and administration
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Support the Executive Chef with menu writing and food development
- Craft skills base with NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds 706/2 as a minimum
- Level 3 Food safety
- Health and Safety certificate
- Good organisation and delegation skills
- Proactive team player
- Skilled in Microsoft office suit
- Knowledge of menu engineering software
Location: Coventry University, Jordan Well, England