Location: 2 Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
The Institution of Engineering and Technology is a multidisciplinary professional engineering institution. The IET was formed in 2006 from two separate institutions: the Institution of Electrical Engineers, dating back to 1871, and the Institution of Incorporated Engineers dating back to 1884.
As a Sous Chef you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue
- Culinary development programme
- Chef incentive days
- Chef Whites and shoes provided
Searcys @ The IET are growing their back of house team and are looking to hire a Sous Chef to work in this outstanding location. The role is mainly Monday to Friday with a few evening shifts and is a great opportunity for someone to join the department.
As a Sous Chef at The IET, you will be required to be adaptable as the venue is diverse and at any time will have multiple events happening across a number of floors. You will be supporting the Executive Chef to manage the day to day service, whilst leading and mentoring the junior team to deliver high end events and exceptional quality food.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: up to £40,000pa
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- To manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the executive chef
- To assist training of junior staff
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas
- To place order directly with suppliers.
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- Minimum 2 years experience in people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business