Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. Card Factory is really thriving as the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
Scope and purpose of the role
We are looking for a Stock Control Administrator to be the first port of call to identify any issues with items delivered to our warehouse every day, and the final fence on those shipping out. Our Stock control department is an integral part of our warehouse operation; you will be part of a small, experienced team who are loyal, friendly, and welcoming
This role is based within our distribution centre in Wakefield,
- Record accurately of all stock movements relating to goods received & goods transfers both internally and external 3rd party onto the Company’s WMS;
- Perpetual inventory/ cycle counts;
- Assist the stock control team with year-end stock counts;
- Provide admin support to the DC Management;
- Support relevant senior stock control assistant.
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and PC Skills (MS Office Word and Excel);
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when necessary;
- Teamwork, attention to detail with the ability to perform under pressure and to strict deadlines;
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new skills/techniques;
- Excellent organisational and motivational skills with a “can-do attitude”
- Analytical and problem-solving skills ;
- Liaising with other warehouse teams to resolve any queries or issues;
- Preferable warehousing experience or understanding of Goods In, Goods Out and Stock Control movements.