Salary: £8.91 – £8.91
Shift hours: Full Time
- To support the manager to ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained, and developed for assigned operational business area
- Liaising with the Stores and distribution manager to ensure efficiency of the stores areas is maintained and all faults and non-compliances are reported.
- To actively participate and support with the development and maintenance of CPU systems, procedures and adherence to food safety and health and safety legislation in the production area.
- To check stock rotation and best before or use by dates are correct with in the CPU.
- Responsible for full distribution of rations to company sub-unit kitchens in a professional manor.
- To check refrigerated and frozen storage areas are performing to required levels and recording the temperatures. Reporting any issues to the stores and distribution manager
Contract and company compliance
- Ensure that robust control procedures are maintained so as to minimise wastage
- Ensure authorisation is obtained from Manager prior to undertaking any additional services
Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Comply with all company and client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and correct utilisation of required personal protective equipment
- To follow all Company procedures with respect to food safety, quality and health & safety standards
- Report all faulty equipment, dangerous working practices and occurrences to your line manager
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
Personnel and Training
- Comply with all relevant Sodexo and client policies and procedures
- To attend performance development reviews with your line manger to agree and take ownership of your training and development needs
- Attend team briefs, huddles and meetings
- Attend company training courses
- Assist in the receipt of all deliveries into the CPU warehouse
- Assist with the break down and storage of all deliveries received
- Carry out regular stock checks as directed by your line manager
- Ensure that all work areas are kept clean and tidy
- Delivery of stock rations to sub-units.
- Strict adherence to CPU factory hygiene procedures
- Correct wearing of PPE in line with CPU requirements at all times
- To keep accurate records as required for any given activity within the CPU
- To follow company procedures with respect to food safety, quality and Health and Safety
- Report all faulty equipment and dangerous working practices and occurrences to a member of the management team immediately
- Complete all vehicle safety checks in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Maintain all documentation relating to CPU transportation including; daily driver checks, daily/weekly/monthly/annual maintenance checks, road tax and vehicle maintenance
- To observe all road and garrison road regulations and legal compliance
- C1 drivers’ licence with a minimum of 2 years’ experience (Minimum age requirement of 25).
- Level 1 CIEH food safety or equivalent
- Level 1 CIEH food hygiene or equivalent
- Ability to work alone and also as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet daily output requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Basic manual handling training (desirable)
Location: COLCHESTER, England