Strategy Associate Director
Wood Lane, London, W12
Spark Foundry make up part of a thriving global media network and are part of the Publicis Groupe, one of the world’s leading communications groups. We are globally connected with over 8,000 employees in 110 offices across 70 countries.
Who We Are in the UK?
Spark Foundry, the Acceleration Agency.
We help brands to identify, learn and respond to opportunities faster than the competition.
Every client has an area of their business they need to accelerate, from short-term goals to long-term transformation.
We’ve proven our approach during the most difficult year on record. Now we’re using it to provide a launchpad for their future.
Come be an accelerator with us.
How we accelerate
- Planning: an approach that works in practice rather than theory, arming planners with the ability to create cutting edge campaigns
- Intelligence: a suite of tools that give definitive answers to big questions, and uncovers actionable insights about real people
- Trading: a model built on flexibility and trusted relationships, underpinned with bold guarantees
- Relationships: a culture of asking challenging questions to better understand the brief – we are not a ‘yes’ agency
- People: a strong history of recruiting talent from diverse backgrounds and accelerating their careers
We are diverse though our experience, people and the clients we look after – and we celebrate that diversity. Our people hold us accountable to our beliefs and via regular surveys and our grass roots D&I team, The Collective, and internal next generation board, Firestarters, we hold regular events and work continually towards generating ideas, initiatives and educating our people to ensure we are a diverse and inclusive agency.
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Spark Foundry is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Day to day, the successful applicant will help to create and tell stories using data and insights. Supporting the strategy team through the use of desk research and being the bridge between the strategy, data intelligence and data analytics teams to identify the need for and to commission new and bespoke research.
The successful applicant will be or will be confident and comfortable as the team expert in TGI / Nielsen / GWI type data sources and be able to scour, search and source excellent data and insights from all over the web.
The key to success will be in the identification of zeitgeist moments, aha trends and robust data that helps to build and tell a story about people. The human insights we gather for our clients need to be the best in the business, not only the most interesting but also the most actionable. Our insights need to have the potential to make a profound effect on our clients’ businesses.
In 6 months time…
- Not only will you be an integral part of the close-knit and supportive strategy department, but you will also have…
- Been involved in pitches
- Developed compelling human stories for existing clients who haven’t heard those stories before
- Helped create a new diversified income stream for at least one client team within the agency
- Been exposed to both SparkFoundry and Publicis Groupe training and learning programs
- Experience in using data and desk research to uncover and identify interesting and actionable human insights.
- Understanding of the media and advertising process from an agency perspective
- Intent curiosity, the ability to bring your own unique perspective and passions to bear to create a well-rounded team.
- The ability to collaborate within the team and work independently.
- The EQ to be able to fiercely defend your well researched ideas and thoughts in such a way that you bring others along with you. And an openness that allows you to hear their side and come along with them too.
- The flexibility to have a hypothesis and prove yourself wrong.
Expert knowledge of how to use (and get the best out of) data and insight sources such as:
- TGI / Nielsen
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.