Salary: £10.09 – £10.09
Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Subway Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all food service (participating as necessary) at the required time, being provided to the standard laid down in the SUBWAY®Operations Manual and Service Level Agreement and to the Client’s, Customer’s and Sodexo’s satisfaction. Completes and posts the staff work schedules.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- To ensure that the Company’s accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that the necessary weekly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- Maintains business records as outlined in the SUBWAY®Operations Manual. Analyses business records to increase sales. To control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Supports local and national marketing initiatives. Communicates changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff.
- To maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- To implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the restaurant, kitchen, store, office, safe and monies and any other areas under the Sodexo’s control.
- To recruit, interview, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit and within the procedure laid down by the Company. To maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records for all staff as laid down in the Unit Personnel Manual. To keep records of any disciplinary issues and keep the Retail Operations Manager and HR PeopleCentre informed of these.
- To ensure all new staff are given a thorough induction into their job, the unit and the Company. To monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary, and record on the appropriate documents.
- To have special regard to the welfare of the establishment staff and to organise regular and effective staff meetings.
- To ensure the correct compilation of the payroll to the latest regulations. To ensure that all Statutory Regulations and Company Policy concerning the staff are adhered to.
- To have regular contact with the Retail Operations Manager and to produce any reports as necessary pertaining to current or events.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the Retail General Manager/ Operations Manager
- Previous catering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- FSC3, 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Previous experience of catering management
- Experience of managing a team in a Healthcare establishment
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Computer literacy
- Good standard of financial acumen
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
Location: Royal Stoke University Hospital, England