Salary: £10.44 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you a natural leader? Do you have the ability motivate and coach team members to achieve the desired results? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for a new member to lead our highly dedicated catering team, delivering outstanding catering services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
As a Supervisor, you will play a vital role in ensuring all catering areas are kept to our highest standard. Our patient catering service provides a warm and welcoming environment for patients, every day is different and by facilitating patient’s nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all deliveries are checked and stored promptly and correctly
- Supervising a small team, creating a positive environment where you team feel welcomed and supported
- Being a responsible key holder
- Having a flexible approach and being able to assist or covering sickness or annual leaves of one member of your Team if needed
- Assisting with weekly bookwork and any other duties that are necessary
- Producing weekly rotas following the managers guidelines
- Placing orders for stock to maintain the correct stock levels, and stock takings
- Ensuring the team are pro-active at all times
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
- Previous experience supervising large teams, completing rotas, performance reviews and return to work interviews.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Quality driven, with a sound knowledge of health and safety, infection control and an awareness of food and hygiene standards.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
- Possess good IT skills; fully competent in Microsoft Office and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.