Are you a compassionate and driven individual looking for a career that makes a real difference in people’s lives? At Eden Futures, we are dedicated to empowering those with learning disabilities, enduring mental ill health, autism, and other complex needs.
We are eager to connect with passionate individuals who are committed to providing person-centred care. If you have the empathy, resilience, and dedication it takes to enrich the lives of the individuals we support, we want to hear from you! If you haven’t worked in care before, we will provide you will all the support required. When you first join Eden Futures, you will be paid for completing a comprehensive Induction Programme involving face-to-face training, e-learning and shadowing experienced members of your team. For those new to care, we will make sure that you are given the support to complete your Care Certificate and gain a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care or relevant to your role, partnering with our provider company Paragon Skills.
*Roles are paid at an hourly rate (£10.20 – £10.42 per hour). The salary shown is as a per annum equivalent for information only. The higher rate is applicable to those aged 23 years and over and based on 42 hours per week. NLW applies and will be pro rata’d based on contracted hours.
We are flexible regarding full or part-time hour contracts and we will also consider candidates who may be looking for Bank. Shifts can vary across days, nights and weekends, offering you the flexibility to work around commitments you may already have.
Our application process
Our organisation is committed to safe and fair recruitment, safeguarding and protecting those we care for and serve. We make sure all our staff are vetted, selected, trained, and supervised fairly and to a high standard so that they can provide safe, effective, and compassionate care. As part of our application process, we carry out telephone screening with our candidates.
At Eden Futures we support vulnerable adults and therefore roles that require contact with our service users are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Before joining us you will be required to have an Enhanced DBS Check. Further information will be provided to you at the telephone screening stage.
As per our privacy notice, all pre-employment checks are carried out by our third-party provider, Adecco.
It’s a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in regulated activity to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with vulnerable adults.
As a Support Worker you will receive the following benefits:
- Take your Birthday off plus 5.6 weeks of holiday
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities – including access to bespoke training, Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care and Business and Leadership & Management
- Health Cash Back and Pension Scheme
- Eligible for £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme (unlimited referrals)
- Enhanced pay for maternity or paternity leave
- Blue Light Discount Scheme
- Eligibility for COSTCO membership
- Support service users to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs and individual support and care plans, participating in the development of plans where applicable
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible
- Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach
- Support service users to participate in chosen social activities and services in their community, manage their finances and medication responsibly, help with practical tasks around the home, and respectfully support with personal care, hygiene and healthcare
- You will be an informal point of contact for those in the service users circle of support (e.g. Families and Social Workers)
- Accurately report and record any issues related to the care and support of our Service Users to monitor their health and wellbeing
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others
- Form appropriate relationships with those we care for and maintain professional boundaries in work.
- Work within organisational policies, procedures and guidance.
- Committed to demonstrating the organisations values and behaviours in their work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Caring and compassionate, having a genuine passion for wanting to help our service users lead a full and active life to enable them to achieve as much independence as possible
- We understand that not everyone has experience of working in the care sector, and that’s why we recruit individuals based on their values
- Ability to remain positive when there are challenging days – you have the chance to positively influence how someone feels and that is no small thing
- You’ll enjoy working as part of team as well as using your own initiative, and have a willingness to support your colleagues when needed
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!