Residential Support Worker – £11.57ph £12.32ph (plus an additional £67.50 per sleep in)
****£500**** Welcome bonus
At Inspire it is imperative and important that our children enjoy new and varied experiences that encourage them to be the best version of themselves and that any disability is not seen as a barrier but an opportunity for inspirational outside the box thinking.
We hold a belief that no child should be disadvantaged and that all children are part of the community, enjoying all that this offers including celebrations, events and fundraising.
Our teams are fully committed to Inspire's goals, they understand the challenges and rewards of working with our young people and know that every day they will achieve things that really matter.
Excellent opportunity for a Residential Support Worker to join our home in Dudley. The home is rated Good in all areas with OFSTED and has an excellent reputation with the local authorities. The home can accommodate up to 6Young people, all the Children & Young People we support have a learning disability, Autism, epilepsy and can display some associated behaviours. Many of our children (not all) are non-verbal or have limited communication and will communicate with us through different methods such as picture boards, Smartbox devices and Makaton.
Our guiding principles are:
Integrity, it is the foundation of what we do. A nurturing approach to our young people and staff and a passion that will drive your commitment to achieve the very best for our children.
Bringing our plans to life will be challenging and intense but, with enthusiasm, creativity and a hands-on approach, the reward and satisfaction will be second to none.
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
- Experience in Residential Childcare Environment (Preferred)
- Level 3 Children’s and Young People or equivalent (Preferred but not essential)
- Able to work unsociable hours (evenings, nights and weekends)
- Friendly, passionate and caring nature
- Positive, pleasant and approachable
- Empowering others to become stronger and more confident in controlling their lives
- Person Centred, allowing our children to explore & utilise their own strengths
- Innovative, by using or showing new methods and ideas
Reward and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid induction programme
- Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3
- Face to face therapeutic training
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
- Free DBS check
- Free parking
- Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
- *Refer a friend scheme’ reward system – earn £1,000 per referral
- *Welcome bonus £500
- Pension scheme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening
- Employee recognition schemes
- Company vehicle to use when in work
- CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants.
- Being part of one of the UK’s leading specialist therapeutic providers.
Interested then apply today!
All applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list.
If you have not heard back within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion
* Terms and Conditions apply
Location: Brierley Hill, DY5 1AP