Support Worker – Days/Nights
Location: Redbourne Centre, North Lincolnshire
Hours: Full or part time positions available – Day shifts of 07:45-20:00 Night shifts of 19:45-08:00
Pay: From £10.00 per hour including travel enhancements
*Due to the rural location of this service, suitable candidates will hold a UK driving licence or have other appropriate means of transport to commute*
The Redbourne Centre is a specialist care home with nursing. We provide a supportive, therapeutic and homely environment for men aged 18+ with mild to moderate intellectual disability, mental health disorders, and complex needs. We provide individuals with practical, physical and emotional support enabling them to achieve as much independence and choice as possible whilst promoting social inclusion.
We now have vacancies for Support Workers to work Day or Night shifts on either a full or part time basis. As a valued member of our team you will be providing assistance to our residents and deliver the highest standard of care.
We are looking for kind and compassionate individuals that have a passion for supporting others and have pride in delivering an outstanding service to those in our care.
Benefits of working for us:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Annual Leave Entitlement
- On-site parking
- Free hot meals
- Dedicated learning & development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Carer progression within the company
- CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend's
As a support worker your main duties will be:
- To provide an excellent caring service in conjunction with the senior team
- Be actively involved in resident care
- Assist in maintaining and developing high standards of resident care
- Work as a key member of the team, supporting each resident to achieve their planned outcomes
- Provide practical assistance to residents in carrying out everyday living tasks and encourage the development of daily living skills
- Be fully involved in day to day routines and individual and group activities
- Work within the legal framework encompassing statutory and organisational policy and guidelines
What skills do you need to do to make this happen?
- You will need to show empathy and have a desire to make a difference
- Be passionate about forming therapeutic relationships
- Be committed to a person centred approach for each resident
- Be enthusiastic about working as part of a dedicated team
- Be resilient and able to work under pressure
- Be willing to take ownership for the delivery of quality care
At CareTech our support workers do something extraordinary every day. They make a difference to the lives of people with intellectual disability, mental health disorders and complex needs
Disclosure and Barring Service check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for previous criminal convictions.
Strictly No Agencies
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Location: Gainsborough, DN21 4QU