Salary: £8.95 – £8.95
Shift Hours: Days and Sleeps –
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
MerryDen Care provide support to adults with Mental Health conditions, Learning Disabilities and other complex needs. We focus on individualised packages of support to enable people to reach their goals of achieving and sustaining their level of independence, this is through community inclusion and partnership and working closely with community teams
Due to the success of our Service and being able to support more people, we are currently looking for Support Workers to join our team in Cinderford.
At our Cinders Place service we support 8 adults within their own self-contained flats with varying needs such as mental health conditions and learning disabilities.Days are spent supporting people to learn new skills or to find motivation to regain lost skills. This may be shopping, cooking, budgeting and other daily living skills. Our staff also support to attend to community responsibilities, such as medical appointments, attending college or voluntary positions or maybe just popping to town for window shopping and a cuppa. When not out and about staff are on hand for chats and advice to help when times become challenging.
Shifts are 10pm-7am across a 7-day rota.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Experience in Care is preferred but not essential.
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
– Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
– Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
– Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
– Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
– Help with personal care when required
– Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.