Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exciting time at Sense and we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our service in Leeds. This is a permanent role, working between 30 – 37.5 hours per week. Please let us know what hours would suit you best.
You will be supporting 4 individuals. Our service provides support 24 hours a day across 7 days including bank holidays. All team members work on a flexible rota designed to meet the needs of the individuals being supported.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. Our aim is that all individuals we support have a varied life at home and in the community, where we encourage independence and development of life skills. We are a busy house and get involved in lots of activities so we are looking for candidates who want to take part in a wide range of activities, both domestic and leisure. This includes supporting individuals to go on holiday.
The individuals we support have complex communication needs which may include autism, sensory needs, physical and learning disabilities. Staff are trained to a high standard in order to provide the best support possible for the individuals within the home. We are always striving to improve our service. So we work as a team to use everyone’s skills and expertise to make the service be the best it can.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays entitlement; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the home, our centres and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- Full person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.