Join our Supported Living support team in South East London!
We are a friendly team supporting up to four adults at our supported living service in Eltham, providing care and support for adults with learning disabilities and autism. We provide every individual we support with the opportunity to live an independent lifestyle and the chance to develop and practice independent living skills.
We love to live our best lives together with the people we support every day – you could be joining Fisayo in admiring all the beautiful creatures at the London Aquarium, supporting Dean to practice his cleaning skills, or going on day trips with Billy to see all the sights and exhibits that London has to offer! Whatever you get up to, you'll be making lifelong memories with the people we support every day.
At Dumbreck Road, every day is an adventure, where you will be supporting individuals to have a life as independant as possible, creating memories and fulfilling dreams.
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
The support we provide enables individuals to live independently in their own home, empowering them to make choices and decision about how they want to live their life and achieve their dreams.
Support for Living enables individuals to live independently in their own homes, empowering them to make choices and decision about how they want to live their life and achieve their dreams.
Being fully in control of their home and support, we support individuals with all aspects of their life, which may include; managing their tenancy, personal care, attending education provisions or employment opportunities, paying bills, shopping, cooking, going on holiday, to concerts, the theatre, living their best life.
Support for Living is about breaking down barriers and a big part of your role will be enabling people to have the same rights and access to opportunities as everyone else in society, whilst having great fun along the way.
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow