The Edward Street Family are Recruiting!
Edward Street offer a 24-hour support partnership with adults who are living with complex physical disabilities and learning disabilities. Situated on a quiet residential street in Widnes, Cheshire, the vibrant home compromises of 2 fully accessible 3-bedroom bungalows. Both bungalows have communal areas and hoisting facilities throughout, as well as an easily accessible garden to spend warm days in. All of the people we support have the opportunity to personalise their own bedrooms, and we encourage individuals to have a say in the decor of the home. We help them best to achieve their personal goals and reach their full potential and to live wonderfully normal lives in the community and their own home.
The individuals we support include John, who recently went on holiday to Cyprus and went parascending! Besides being an adrenaline junkie, John loves nothing more than spending time with his wife Val (who lives at Edward Street too!) and friends either at home or out and about in the community!
Other individuals we support love planning and hosting parties! They love spending time in the sun and playing all sorts of sports in the garden. They celebrate each other’s birthdays in style and are also partial to a good game of dominos! Picnics, connect 4, arts & crafts, oh and eating cake are just some of the other things they love getting up to!
We are often praised for our hard work and our achievements are shared with the rest of the Salutem Family. We've had recent comments about how admirable we are and just how amazing! We are always on hand to help whenever we can and we believe we are a really great bunch to work alongside!
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to adults in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can work days, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of ‘dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow