The Senior Leadership are seeking to appoint a main scale teacher on a permanent contract to join at Cambian New Elizabethan School. We are looking for a teacher who has a keen interest and/or experience in teaching children with a range of special educational needs.
A commitment to working as a member of a team is essential. At Cambian New Elizabethan School, we expect all staff to be committed to teaching across our age and ability range. The successful candidate will play an important role in helping the school continue to move forward in meeting the needs of a wide variety of children. Please see our website for more details: www.cambiangroup.com/specialist-education/our-schools/autism-schools/new-elizabethan-school/
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, please call 01299 250258 to arrange.
Full details of this post and the requirements of the role are contained in the Person Specification and Job Description.
Please note only application forms will be accepted. Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Cambian New Elizabethan School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Cambian New Elizabethan School Teacher Person Specification
The desirable candidate will have:
- Qualification in SEN
- Evidence of recent relevant training to enhance current role
- Teaching qualification
- Experience and understanding of a wide range of pupil needs
- Awareness of SEND current legislation and initiatives
- A passion to work effectively with learners who experience difficulties similar to those experienced by students at this establishment
- Exemplary skills in planning and delivering programmes of work
- Commitment to ensuring high standards of planning, preparation and assessment
- Ability to work supportively and collaboratively with staff and work as part of an effective team
- Excellent literacy and communication skills, including the ability to create reports, policies and documentation to a high professional standard
- Effective ICT skills
- Commitment to whole school improvement
- Awareness of understanding autism
- Professional Knowledge and Understanding
- Extensive understanding of current relevant educational developments
- Knowledge of learning disabilities and/or special needs relevant and its implications for curriculum development and delivery
- Awareness of your professional duties to keeping children safe and current safe-guarding practices, including PREVENT
- Knowledge of specific subject area(s) to be taught
- Commitment to the holistic nature of education for pupils with learning disabilities
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Good interpersonal skills enabling the candidate to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, parents and the wider community
- A positive approach to discipline and the management of behaviour
- Ability to delegate tasks and mentor and support colleagues in achieving them
- Commitment to providing inclusive experiences for all the students
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement, take decisions based on a sound professional basis, prioritise actions / tasks / activities to meet the wider needs of school improvement
- Supportive of staff development, able to respond sensitively to the impact of change on colleagues
- Able to naturally nurture self-esteem and value each individual for their contribution
- Ability to address challenges and issues with enthusiasm, vision, flair sensitivity and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-reflective and open to professional critical appraisal, with an awareness of the validity of others’ perceptions
Kidderminster, Teacher [SYS-1678]
Location: Kidderminster, DY11 7TE