At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Materials Technician to join our friendly team based in the Midlands, preferably the Birmingham or Loughborough area.
Previous experience is desirable but not required. More importantly, we are looking for the right person with the right attributes to join and contribute to our team.
This position is an ideal opportunity for a school/college leaver looking to embark on a career within the construction material industry
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
To form part of a team that are critical to the control and analysis of all products and constituent testing relating to RMX products in a safe and timely manner.
As a technician, your main responsibilities will include:
- Fully understand and perform against expected daily targets, highlighting an issues early on to the Senior Technician
- To carry out product sampling and testing in line with procedures and British Standards – BS EN 12350 & 12390
- Ensure testing is carried out timely and meeting test frequency
- To carry out equipment calibration in line with procedures
- To assist with and carry out concrete trial mixes and routine aggregate testing in line with procedures
- Ensure testing procedures are fully documented, understood and communicated to relevant people and support any remedial action to prevent impact to product quality
- Provide advice to Technical Supervisors, Managers and Production colleagues on test results and interpretation and understanding of the results, including onsite attendance
- Prepare and present test reports to help investigate customer complaints and queries
- Provide product test data to understand how to use statistical reports and control systems
- Minimum of GCSE A-C/4-9 in Maths, English and Science
- No previous experience required, full training will be given
- Full UK driving licence required
- Problem solving
- Self Management
- Willingness to learn
Location: Walsall, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/2223