We are looking for a professional, confident Ward Manager on our Acute ward, who can lead, inspire & oversee the delivery of the very best care.
You’ll be working 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday at Churchill Hospital.
Cygnet Churchill, in south London, is a 57 bed inpatient mental health hospital for men. Cygnet Churchill has four wards including an emergency acute admissions service (Juniper Ward) and three high dependency inpatient rehabilitation services (Elm Court, Maple Court and Mulberry Court).
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the ward & ensure co-operation between clinical departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward-based staff, outside of normal working hours
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Most of our sites provide free meals on shift
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Plus much more
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Familiar with in an inpatient setting – preferably acute or forensic settings
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & the latest nursing practices
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
If interested please apply below or forward your CV to IsabelleWears@cygnethealth.co.uk
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. In this role you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
Job Reference: CYG32665