Founded in 1968 Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are currently looking for an experienced Plant Workshop Fitter to join our friendly operational team at WBC. We have a large range of plant machinery and equipment which requires schedule servicing, preventative maintenance, and major repairs.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
You will be expected to carry out the following.
- Report to the workshop foreman daily.
- Diagnose faults and carry out repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety standards are complied with.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience of working as plant fitter and have a good knowledge and understanding of heavy plant machinery and equipment. Ideally you will be apprentice trained in construction/agricultural plant maintenance or be a time served mechanical fitter. You must be able to have excellent communication skills and work well as a team.
- Recognised apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard.
- NVQ level 3 Trained
- Full UK driving license.
- First Aider
- Basic IT skills are required
Location: Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/1186