At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Yard Operative to join our team in at Southampton at Tarmac. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Unit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Operating a loading shovel to load customers vehicles in the stockyard
- Ad hoc day to day duties to assist with the running of site
- Maintaining the high standards of health and safety and housekeeping at the site
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience of working within a yard/similar working environment. You will also:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be organised and motivated
- Have experience of operating a loading shovel (ideal)
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have experience and knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be flexible
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/692