We are seeking an exceptional Youth Leadership Coordinator to join our amazing Community Service Team.
Jewish Care’s youth leadership programmes have become a strong source of recruitment for Jewish Care roles and indeed in the wider Jewish community. Many senior leaders running out community’s organisations can trace their initial leadership journey to Jewish Care MIKE programme.
As Youth Leadership Coordinator you will provide a holistic leadership journey from 12/13 years old, through to 18 years old via a number of youth and community leadership programmes integrated in Jewish Care services. Ensuring the efficient and effective management of youth leadership programmes including operational tasks, service delivery and planning.
The role will include working regular weekends and evenings.
What you will be doing:
- Operational delivery of the MIKE youth leadership, Bar/Bat Mitzvah programme.
- Supervision of all programming, youth volunteers and Part Time Youth leaders
- Delivery of youth volunteering recruitment and placement
- Developing Jewish Care’s youth network with internal and external partners such as Jewish Care Hubs, Shuls, schools, and universities, to continually provide opportunities to; recruit to leadership programmes; engage graduates and alumni in meaningful volunteering.
- Supporting the youth leadership social media pages and any marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with Community Hub teams to create and support community events across the Hub.
- Working with your manager, internal and external colleagues to raise safeguarding concerns, follow up appropriately and to enhance the quality of life of young people
- To collaborate with the fundraising department, to research and complete funding applications that support the work of Jewish Care’s youth leadership
- Administration tasks including but not limited to management of participants accounts, working with the administration team to ensure accounts are paid and that participants are properly registered and data management to agreed standards
- In partnership with your manager, organise and lead the youth leadership annual graduation ceremony
What you will need:
- Relevant qualification or experience in Youth and Community Work.
- Experience working with young people in a voluntary or professional role.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, across all levels of observance, local parlance and sensitivities.
- Knowledge of youth and community leadership schemes in the community.
- Working knowledge of the Keeping Children Safe Act.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.