About the role
Sense College Loughborough is currently recruiting for a part time cleaner to join our team. This is a part time role working 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday 11.30am to 1.30pm. With us being a college we are open 38 weeks per year.
Duties of Role
- To provide the highest standards of cleanliness within Sense College Loughborough.
- To maintain a hygienic and tidy standard of cleanliness by vacuuming, dusting/wiping, polishing, emptying bins and disinfecting toilets and sinks etc as necessary.
- To ensure adequate levels of cleaning materials, toilet rolls etc are maintained by refilling dispensers and informing personnel responsible for ordering when required.
- As required to clean all internal windows, skirting boards, windowsills, guide rails etc.
- To maintain a safe environment at all times.
- To comply with Health & Safety regulations.
- To ensure that all materials are stored appropriately.
- To report any broken/damaged equipment and maintenance issues to the appropriate person.
- To ensure the premises safety & security is maintained.
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of the post
Key skills and experience
- To be able to work to a daily schedule
- Able to carry out cleaning tasks to a high standard.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to take and follow instructions.
- A positive attitude towards people with disabilities.
- To work flexibly
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.