A number of vacancies have arisen in the Machine Shop for the position of CNC Setter / Operator working on a three shift working pattern. The purpose of the role will include setting and operating a variety of CNC Machine Tools to support production demands.
- Setting / Operating CNC machines (Milling, Turning or Grinding) within the standard set and run times
- Monitor and be responsible for the quality of components using a wide range of equipment including CMM inspection. This will include manually recording quality specific information
- Interpret drawings and contribute to the programming of component parts where applicable
- Applicants must have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of manual and CNC machine tools, milling, turning & grinding
- Experience or knowledge of CNC / Manual Grinding would be advantageous to support production of in house manufactured tools & cutters
- The ability to follow written and pictorial instructions accurately is essential
- Must be able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
- Although not essential, expertise in the generation of CNC programmes, including the use of GIBBS CAM programming software would be advantageous
- Basic pc skills required, although full training will be given to successful applicant
The successful candidates will be required to set and operate multiple machines simultaneously; therefore the ability to perform under pressure is essential. This role would ideally suit somebody who values the importance of attention to detail, and demonstrates a logical and organised approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will be comfortable working unaided whilst forming part of a team. Good communication skills are essential for the role, whilst a positive “can do” attitude would also be of benefit.
When you join Renishaw, we're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable; including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus, *subsidised onsite restaurants and *coffee shops, free parking, *car sharing scheme and *24 hour fitness centres. (*not available at our Castle Donington, Exeter, York & Edinburgh sites).
We also want to promote a healthy work-life balance as much as possible, so we have introduced a Homeworking policy which allows for a combination of home and office based working depending on the nature of your role. We also offer a variable working programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life Assurance policy of 12 times annual salary, Cycle to Work scheme, enhanced maternity pay subject to qualifying criteria, the option to join BUPA Renishaw health trust and an Employee Assistance Programme for employees and family.
Please click here for further information about our benefits.
At Renishaw we believe that our success is powered by welcoming a workforce of diverse and talented people. Through encouraging an inclusive culture, where all our employees are free to be themselves, we can achieve our core values: Innovation, Inspiration, Integrity, and Involvement.
If you are excited about the role but feel as though you don’t meet all the requirements, we would encourage you still to apply. You might just be the right person for this role or another opportunity at Renishaw.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, or require any reasonable adjustments please contact the recruitment team on 01453 524600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for further information about diversity and inclusion at Renishaw.
R6311 CNC Setter/Operator (Evergreen) (Open)