Your role at Signature
You’ll be overseeing our specialist dementia community, managing a team of care assistants and working with both the nursing and residential care manager to provide the full scope of care and support to our dementia patients. Our Dementia Care Manager will share their deep understanding of dementia needs and provisions with their team, in order to provide an unrivalled level of care. You’ll be knowledgeable of the challenges Dementia brings to both residents and their families and be able to be the positive advocate for seeing the person and not the condition.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing all elements of residents’ care, including assessing new residents needs prior to moving in and re-assess once moved in, creating, monitoring and updating care plans, ensuring safe medication management, identifying additional nursing needs, and acting as an advocate for all residents, with specific awareness of safeguarding, mental capacity and deprivation of liberties.
You’ll also be a supportive and caring manager. From the moment a team member starts, you’ll ensure they receive an effective induction, provide ongoing guidance, review their progress, provide clear objectives to work towards and identify training needs. You’ll be their mentor and someone they can rely on in a difficult or emergency situation.
What Signature Offer
- Up to £45,000 per annum plus annual bonus
- Up to 30 days, starting at 25 plus 8 bank holidays depending on length of service
- Workplace pension with matching contributions
- Free meals on shift for staff working 6+ hours
- Private medical insurance and company sick pay
- Life Assurance Scheme
- ‘Blue Light’ discount scheme eligible
- Refer A Friend Incentive £50 voucher and up to £1,000 cash bonus
- Staff recognition scheme – Purple Heart Award
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme, occupational health support and wellbeing services
- Plus cycle to work scheme, study support, long service awards and more
We are kind and compassionate. Positive and resilient. Proactive and organised. Honest and accountable. Passionate and keen to develop. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As well as being decisive, confident and assertive, a recognised qualification in dementia care, 2 years’ experience in long-term dementia care and a comprehensive understanding of CQC Fundamental Standards are a big advantage.
Job Reference: signaturec/TP/62278/8459