Location: Ave Maria Lane, London, EC4M 8BU
Stationers' Hall is a Grade I listed building, close to St Paul's Cathedral. It is one of the few ancient Livery Halls remaining in the City of London. Completed in 1673 after the Great Fire of London, the Hall's suite of magnificent, inter-linking rooms as well as the secluded garden, make it one of the most sought after venues in the City for corporate events and Private Functions.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
As a Sous Chef you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue
- Annual celebration event
- Cycle to work scheme
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
- Culinary development programme
- Chef incentive days
- Chef Whites and shoes provided
As a Sous Chef at Stationers Hall, you will have the chance to create the finest quality dishes and deliver high end culinary experiences for our clients and guests. You will be based in the main kitchen amongst the brigade of chefs.
Job Type: Full Time
Hourly Rate: £34,000 – £37,000pa
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- To manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the executive chef
- To assist training of junior staff
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas
- To place order directly with suppliers.
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- Minimum 2 years experience in people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business