In a Nutshell
A rare opportunity has arisen, we’re actively seeking a passionate and creative Executive Chef to manage and oversee the kitchen here at Fanhams Hall.
Menu development will be an important part of this role so a thorough understanding and passion for food and flavours is a must. A key eye for local and current food trends will be integral to this role alongside leading and inspiring the kitchen teams with a culture that delivers an amazing guest experience.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Executive Chef will be responsible for;
- Ensuring all produce is purchased within company guidelines and that stock is controlled to the agreed standards maintaining GP margins within agreed budget.
- To ensure the kitchen is manned efficiently at all times and that bi-weekly rotas are written according to business needs and that staff are trained in all aspects of each kitchen section ensuring flexibility.
- To be responsible for the daily control of the kitchens ensuring that all food is produced and presented to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure that menus are updated regularly and that the use of Food Heroes, seasonality and local produce is maximised.
- To constantly keep up to date with current trends in food and cuisine ensuring that the offering is always at the forefront of the trends.
- To manage the Kitchen team ensuring job chats are conducted quarterly.
- To ensure that all of the Kitchen team are trained, developed and inspired.
- To work closely with the HR department in recruitment and retention, career progression and planning.
- To assist in raising the profile of the food offering within the hotel restaurants locally and nationally.
- To foster good relationships with local schools and colleges raising the profile of the hospitality industry as a career, and promoting employment opportunities with the Exclusive Collection.
- To show due diligence and to ensure that the department has outstanding and consistent hygiene practices and that the department adheres to cleaning rotas and standard procedures.
- To assist the Kitchen Brigade in any other areas as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Executive Chef will have;
- Proven experience as an Executive Chef from within a luxury hotel brand.
- The passion to drive a real focus on our food offering differentiating us from our competitions.
- The ability to manage and develop a diverse team ensuring they meet the highest of standards at all times.
- Creativity and flair with a passion and respect for the provenance of food and locally sourced, seasonal ingredients
- Someone who can drive our focus and continue to create a positive working environment ensuring our team members have a good work/life balance.
- Financial awareness and the ability to maximise on revenue generating opportunities and manage costs
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.