Salary: Up to £55,000
Shift hours: Permanent
Finance Business Partner
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Up to £55,000 depending on experience
Are you a fully qualified accountant looking for your next role? Do you have commercial finance experience gained in a fast paced business, ideally within the hospitality or leisure industries? If so, our Levy UK business has a brilliant opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join the team onsite at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a world-class stadium.
This is a true business partnering role where you will provide commercial support to the venue management team to help them understand their financial performance, assist in driving performance and monitor and control change initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Group financial policies and procedures are rigorously adhered to at all times.
As Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for the production of accurate P&L pre and post events including profiling, attendance and SPH assumptions. You will produce accurate & timely Weekly, Monthly and Rolling Forecasts and annual budgeting/forecasting process. You will engage key initiatives and strategies to optimise margin delivery and undertake analysis of business segmentation and profitability.
As Finance Business Partner, you will lead a team to support the General Manager at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, You will be responsible for the following areas:
- Identification of key commercial initiatives to drive business performance and provide financial leadership and support delivery through financial analysis
- Ensure financial implications of client contracts are understood and enforced.
- Provide financial and commercial insight to the General Manager and Head of Finance to support decision making and drive business performance
- Proactively work with credit control, operations and the client to ensure invoiced debt is collected to terms
- Be a business partner to the General Manager, assisting in setting the overall strategy and priorities for the business
- Key part of client relationship management where appropriate, notably in financial reporting and commercial negotiations.
- Ownership of the financial results and reporting of performance including budgeting and forecasting processes
- Identification and management of risks and opportunities in financial performance in partnership with the Contract Director
- Management of debt (including cash collection) and ownership of balance sheet integrity including monthly balance sheet reviews with contracts
- Ownership of financial control and governance processes including contractual compliance and adherence to Compass financial policies. Liaison with the client’s auditors will also be required at their financial year end
- Qualified accountant with proven commercial experience
- High numeric and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven financial and commercial acumen
- Experience of high volumes of Variable Payroll alongside robust stock reconciliation
- Strong, dynamic team player
- Previous and demonstrable commercial finance experience of improving business results and adding value
- Excel in the areas of financial performance, helping to support the Contract to deliver a profitable operation
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and also support events as required and as deemed necessary by the company
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information in a clear and concise way,
- Excellent inter personal skills with proven ability to influence internal and external parties
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively plan and organise own work
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- Identify any additional financial business opportunities