Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at our Douglasmuir Quarry, Milngavie, near Glasgow. This site is accessible from Kirkintilloch, Bishopton, Paisley, Newton Mearns, Bellshill, Cumbernauld, Airdrie even East Kilbride as well as the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate for the role of General Operative will be part of our Multi-Skilled Operative team which produces sand and gravel for the construction industry. As well as delivering best in class Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality performance for our Plant operations.
As General Operative you will specifically focus on operational tasks including:
- General operation of weighbridge
- Operating crusher, mobile plant (loading shovel, dump truck, excavators, mini digger, TH63 Telehandler) as well as sand and gravel wash plant
- Working with sand and gravel on site and operating machinery
- Day to day plant maintenance activities and checks, maintaining the highest levels of housekeeping
- Working in a successful Multi-Skilled Operative Team of 10
- Helping to drive a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Compliance and awareness Health and Safety measures around the site
The ideal candidate for the role of General Operative will be able to demonstrate proven experience preferably within a similar industry. However candidates with experience working in an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer will also be considered.
Working as part of our Multi Skilled Operational Team, as General Operative you will also:
- Possess good communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
- Be confident, adaptable and keen to work as part of a successful, effective Multi-Skilled Operative Team
- Desire to develop both operative and supervisory skills
- Be self motivated and able to motivate other colleagues in the team
- Have knowledge of Risk Assessments within the role of Operative
- Be compliant and engage with company policies, targets, goals and standards
- Be IT literate
- Have knowledge of the industry and ideally of quarrying (preferred but not essential)
- Have knowledge of SSOW (HIRA) and Permit systems (preferred but not essential)
- Opportunity for weekend work available
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/65533/3069