Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative on the initial 6 months, fixed term contract to join our friendly team based in Stancombe Bagging Plant, Flax Bourton, Bristol.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to our Production Supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating around and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Taking on supervisory tasks as required
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Ideally hold a mobile plant licence (forklift, clamp truck, shovel)
- Be an effective communicator – written and verbal
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Be flexible and have the ability to travel to multiple sites as required
- Be a good team player
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/117/1011