Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our Dry Silo Mortar Plant, Meriden in Coventry/Birmingham at Tarmac to work on the shift pattern that will include mornings and afternoon.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given
Reporting to our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
· All operational activities within a manufacturing environment.
· The meeting of daily production target requirements.
· Supporting all site KPI’s including quality, Health and Safety, site housekeeping.
· Supporting and working alongside our site fitter on basic operator lead maintenance.
· Working flexibility including shift work and some weekends.
Will be flexible and be able to demonstrate a can do attitude and have the ability to think for themselves
· Hold a full UK driving Licence
· Be a team player and an affective communicator
· Ideally to have a forklift truck and loading shovel licence (training will be given to the right candidate)
· Have a good attitude towards Health and Safety and the environment
· Hard working and willing to learn new skills
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/1320