Competitive Rate of Pay + Fantastic Benefits
Full Time, Permanent contract
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our fantastic team based in Tallington, Stamford, Lincolnshire.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with previous experience within a labouring or grounds work role.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Taking on supervisory tasks as required
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an Operative, Ground Worker or Labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
- Mobile Plant License (Fork-lift counter balance etc.)
- Understanding of Concrete operations would be advantageous
- Understanding of Precast
- Manual Handling
- Experience of working with Moulds
- Good communication skills
Location: Stamford, Lincolnshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/941