Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Infrastructure Team supporting our South West of England region, based in Bristol.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will have worked in the construction industry, preferably on civil engineering projects, but wouldn’t be excluded for consideration if you haven’t. Reporting directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts
- Managing financial accounts and report to senior management on the project performance
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the project performance
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms
- Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
- Pre-contract pricing and agreement project costs.
It is preferred that the successful candidate is;
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- Ideally working towards being a member of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
- Experienced in working on general Civil Engineering projects
- The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/2620