A Subway® Sandwich Artist™ is the face of our Franchisees’ stores. As well as preparing and serving delicious Subway® sandwiches you will meet and greet guests and deliver exceptional customer service.
You’ll be the reason customers keep coming back!
Working as a Sandwich Artist™ in a Subway® franchise is a challenging role but one that is highly rewarding. Subway® Franchisees are proud of their hard working staff and are able to offer fantastic career path opportunities to truly develop a career into supervisory and managerial roles.
Sandwich Artist – Subway
Sandwich Artists at Subway are the ones that deliver moments to remember for our customers. If you are in it for the people, the product or both this role will allow you to think big, think bold and be obsessive about people, service and growth!
Subway at its core is an entrepreneurial business that values people and relationships above all else. Starting in 1965 with a $1000 dollar loan it has now grown to over 40,000 restaurants worldwide that are all owned by franchisees, that’s right; independent, individual business owners that range from one shop owner operators to large corporate entities with circa 200 restaurants.
We are proud to be one of these independent and individual companies, our group consists of 7 restaurants and we have big growth plans. Our directors are all passionate people driven leaders that have ambitions to become the largest operator within the UK. All of our directors have started out working in Subway restaurants and know exactly what it takes to drive the business forwards.
About the role
As a Sandwich Artist™ you will serve and add value to customer needs in an efficient and friendly manner. In this role you will promote Subway® brand awareness and ensure hygiene standards are met.
- Food preparation including bread and cookie baking
- Ensure food storage and preparation areas are maintained according to Health & Safety and audit standards
- Comply with Food Code of Practice
- Till Operator
- Monitoring stock levels
- Checking in deliveries
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedules
- Follow security & safety procedures
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees and customers
- Maintain high personal presentation in the provided uniform to meet the Subway® brand and customer expectations
- Work as a team member
- Deliver a high standard of service when dealing with products, sales and catering for customer needs.
Passionate about food and people, as well as the desire to learn and be the best they can be. No experience is required, just a can-do attitude and:
- A positive outlook and personality
- A passion for delivering excellence in everything you do
- Good communication skills because you will be talking to our amazing customers daily
- Courage to show your confidence
- You will often need to multitask, therefore a hard-working attitude is key here
What we offer
We’re on an exceptional journey and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- Competitive salary
- 50% staff discount (100% whilst working)
- Growth and development, you can truly shape the future of the business
- Access to perks at work discount scheme
Previous experience in food preparation, retail sales and/or customer service is desirable but not essential because you will receive full training and undertake various University of Subway® courses. What’s more important is a winning attitude. If you’re currently working in retail or in a restaurant, perhaps you are studying or have recently graduated and are looking to start a career in the food industry. This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
2/2A King St Thetford