Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Sous Chef – Cambridge
Salary – Up to £35,000 per annum
Monday to Friday only
‘Now is an exciting time to join our team and we are pleased to offer a highly competitive culinary signing-on bonus’
Eurest, part of Compass Group, is the market leader in the provision of food and support services to business and industry providing nearly 1,500 organisations, including 80 of the FTSE 100, with staff restaurants, delis, cafe bars, shops and a wide range of facilities management services.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Sous Chef to lead our dedicated catering team along side Head Chef producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this prestigious contract.
If you are an innovative and creative Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – we want to hear from you!
- The Sous Chef along side Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Sous Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Excellent and Innovative culinary and presentation skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Energetic with a passion to do a great job
- Able to manage staff in a calm, inspirational manner
- A forward-thinker who can prevent wastage
- Demonstrates a passion for food
- Team Player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Numerate and computer literate with an understanding of financial drivers
- A clear understanding of profit margins, purchasing policy, budgeting and food costing, including control