Shift hours: Permanent
On-going training and development
Perks at work
- To support the provision of our training strategy through the design and implementation of training initiatives which are both aligned to mandatory legal requirements and our guest experience initiative
- Ensure all colleagues, at all levels, have the knowledge they need to operate safely and effectively in their roles.
- To train and upskill individuals in the business to ensure high standards are being achieved and service results are being improved.
Role Responsibilities & duties
- Support the Head of L&D in completing an annual learning (and ongoing) learning needs analysis to ensure that the training needs of the business are identified. Making reference to resources such as Colleague’s survey reports and guest feedback.
- Support the Head of L&D in producing an annual training plan for the business unit to ensure that identified learning and development needs are met in a structured and systematic manner.
- Promote and communicate Learning and Development within the unit through a variety of communication channels.
- Support the Head of L&D in completing an annual evaluation of training delivered in the business (both year-round & during The Championships) to evaluate the execution of the Learning and Development plan and ensure the plan was effective and met the needs of the business.
- Carry out effective training on a range of subjects, with a focus on Guest Experience, Train the trainer, Health & Safety and Leadership content.
- Managing & designing the content of our online learning platform for our casual workforce (FLOW) as well as ensuring the completion of all mandatory training for our full-time team
- Complete post training evaluation on key training delivered in the business to ensure that training is effective and meets the training objectives.
- Ensure training records are effectively maintained so that records are readily available and support needs analysis and audit requirements.
- Manage the administration of off job training, recording nominations, sending out joining instructions and pre-course forms, following up with feedback forms and issuing certificates.
- Through being fully conversant with all departmental standards; conduct observations with departments to assist Managers with coaching or re-training where necessary. Develop training sessions that satisfy identified operational needs.
- Support and deputise the Head of L&D in managing the co-ordination and delivery of our induction, delivering sessions if assigned line manager is unavailable, and updating sessions in line with Food & Drink at Wimbledon, company standards, legislation and the needs of the business.
- Review and recommend external training courses/ material to meet identified unit training needs, attend L&D events and meet potential suppliers
- Assist fellow Learning & Development colleagues across Levy with co-ordinating and/or delivery of training programmes
- Coordinate and book training as identified by functional specialists and Health & Safety requirements.
- To be the main point of contact for general training enquires and course administration
- Work closely with the HR teams in assisting with recruitment of colleague for all areas
- To perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that all training is delivered in line with ‘The Wimbledon Way’ service standards (e.g., induction, online learning, skills training)
- Manage relationships with all third parties connected to any training programmes to maximise the level of service provision to our colleagues and guests
- Monitor present and future trends, practices and systems in the Talent, Learning & Development field and make recommendations to remain leaders within the industry
- Support the management team with other general office duties relating to the successful operation of the catering department in any reasonable way possible
- Compile and manage the training budget to ensure that costs and expenses are correctly identified and controlled.
- Support your line manager in ensuring all training activities are within budget.
- Awareness of how to optimise profitability and efficiency.
- Demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with set targets.
- Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our guests, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class guest service.
- Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
- To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with your managers requests and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
- Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all operating departments.
- Seek feedback on what is and isn’t working and respect the opinions of peers and colleagues in order to constantly improve.
- Ensure all personal data is processed and held in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with all of the Company’s security, stock control, loss prevention and key holder procedures, understanding accountability and consequences.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
- Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of him / herself and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations.
- Carry out their day to day duties in accordance with the requirements specified in the Company’s Health and Safety and Food Safety Policies.
- To ensure that the Company Health and Safety and Food Safety Policies are adhered to at all times within their own area of control.
- Capable of working with and managing stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Be a problem solver and have great negotiation skills
- The ability to encourage and motivate people
- Effective at managing multiple priorities, projects, and relationships
- Flexible approach – occasional work will be required on weekends
- Experience with online learning system – ideally FLOW Management System and Mapal One
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry in a similar role
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I