At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Unit manager to join our team at Eysey Manor, Swindon. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager this role requires responsibility for the day to day operations of the plant ensuring that all materials are produced and dispatched within expected budgetary constraints to meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements. You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to on site
- Co-ordinating all aspects of day to day operation of the team of operatives and contractors
- Ensuring daily KPI’s are recorded accurately
- Working closely with maintenance team/contractors to co-ordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- Liaising with customers regarding delivery and quality issues
- Ensuring the quality of the products manufactured and delivered to site
- Ensuring full communication to all parties in relation to plant availability, shut down and capacity
- Ensuring timely recording of all month end data. E.g. entering figures to SHE online, reporting on monthly stock figures
- Managing the site operation in line with the budgetary controls in place.
- Ensuring appropriate training is completed to ensure that appropriately trained personnel are available during holidays and sickness absence
- Administration of SHE Online – input of Near Hits, Actions, Visits, etc.
To be successful in this role we would expect the successful candidate to have previous management experience and to have worked within a similar industry. They will also:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have experience of liaising with customers both internal and external to the business
- Have a proven record of delivering excellence in Safety, Health and Environmental standards in a similar environment
- Have a flexible working approach
Have previous experience in running a Sand and Gravel operation that is entering its primary restoration phase
Hold a SHE NVQ 4 and be working towards Level 6
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/802