At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Unit Manager to join our friendly team based at the Hams Hall site, Birmingham.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and you as the Unit Manager can be instrumental in driving this.
Reporting directly to the Area Operations Manager, you as the Unit Manager will be expected to:
- Co-ordinate all aspects of day to day operation of the team of operatives and contractors
- Ensure Daily KPIs are recorded accurately
- Work closely with maintenance team/contractors to co-ordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- As required, co-ordinate teams during a breakdown situation
- Liaise with customers regarding delivery and quality issues
- Ensure the quality of the products manufactured and amp; delivered to site.
- Ensure full communication to all parties in relation to plant availability, shut down and capacity
- Ensure timely recording of all month end data. E.g. entering figures to SHE online, Reporting on Monthly Stock figures
- Complete RCA’s when required in respect of Quality, Safety and Mechanical issues
- Manage the site operation in line with the Budgetary Controls in place.
- Compiling overtime report and forwarding to CATS Administrator.
- Ensure appropriate training is completed to ensure that appropriately trained personnel are available during holidays and sickness absence.
- Reporting machine hours to the Babcock Portal.
- Daily Maintenance of Production Sheets and OPMS Inputs.
- Implementation of Systems and Recording of all Site Monitoring requirements i.e. Water Abstraction and Discharge, Planning Conditions, etc
- Administration of SHE Online – input of Near Hits, Actions, Visits, etc.
- JCSC Minutes.
To be successful in this role of Unit Manager, the ideal candidate will have experience within a similar Management position within a similar industry. They will also:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have extensive experience of management
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be knowledgeable for Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable for SHE
- Be able to work within set timeframes
- Be accountable for the safe running of site and to encourage others to adhere to Health and Safety regulations
- Be motivated
Salary: Competitive Salary, Market Leading Benefits Package
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/2490