Salary: £10.7 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Help us create the perfect blend!
We’re currently recruiting a driven Barista to help us create beautifully crafted drinks for a major High Street brand on a part time basis, contracted to 27 hours per week. As a Barista, you will use your skills to deliver first-class service and perfectly crafted coffees to our customers. You’ll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your talent to a major High Street brand? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing perfectly blended drinks and serving high-quality food that delights our customers
- Keeping the bar area clean
- Receiving and processing payments (cash and credit cards)
- Being an enthusiastic team player and excellent communicator
- Maintaining stock of clean mugs and plates
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation and presentation techniques
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Representing a major High Street brand and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- All team members eligible are entitled to up to 20% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Our ideal Barista will:
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have previous experience in customer service
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/2408/91088001/52589886/ONE #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!