We are Eden Futures, and we deliver exceptional support services for people aged 18 and over who have learning disabilities, autism, mental ill health and associated complex needs.
We are recruiting an IT Support Officer to support the business handling “how do I” inquiries along with IT Admin requests through our Help Desk software, predominantly around first line support for our in house and cloud based applications.
Previous experience within an IT Help Desk/Service Desk role is required, ideally gained within a large fast paced organisation. You will also have excellent customer service skills and an appreciation for IT support.
The role will be based from our Head Office in Newark with the opportunity for home working.
Successful candidates will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check prior to commencing employment.
The following benefits apply: Free DBS Check, 28 days annual leave – increasing to 33 days based on service, Health Cash Back Scheme, Company Pension and eligibility for a £500 bonus through our referral scheme.
- Provide an excellent first point of contact within IT for all enquiries
- Record, prioritise, assign, and manage all requests and incidents reported to the Help Desk
- Manage customer expectations and communications via telephone, email, and face to face
- Escalate to our external IT support company, other team members, departments where appropriate
- Recording and tracking project issues and escalating to the necessary project teams
- Documenting new processes, knowledgebase articles, amending and proposing new documents
- Manage users and permissions and carry out audits in all our internal IT systems
- Setup, provide and maintain IT equipment for staff members
- Undertake project work as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a ‘first line’ Helpdesk or Service Desk support role providing end user support
- You will have excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate information to colleagues with varied levels of technical knowledge across all functions within our organisation
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to multi-task and have demonstrable knowledge of IT Service Delivery best practices
- You must hold a valid Driving license as you may be required to attend sites of Eden Futures when required
- ITIL foundation certification would be particularly beneficial, but training will be provided
Technical knowledge to include;
- Active Directory and Office 365 user and group administration
- Experience with MS Office packages, including excellent knowledge of MSTeams and SharePoint
- Mobile Device Management with Android
- Windows 10 administration
- Experience in a Remote Desktop Support environment
- Printer / scanner administration
- Basic hardware diagnostics/triage
- IT asset management
- Basic awareness of the ITIL/ITISM
- Previous experience with Analytics and reporting information
- Knowledge of Cyber security certification and implementation
- Google Workspace experience for Chrome OS device administration
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!