40 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JA
As Leo Burnett himself once said: “At the end of the day, we’re just people talking to people.”
And that sums up how we think. We never forget that on the other side of every screen, watching every ad or reading every tweet are people. Not just pairs of eyes with credit cards. But human beings, who want to be entertained, engaged and listened to.
Which is why we want to make work that connects on a human level. That everyone will love. Proudly populist creative work that makes people smile, laugh, cry and everything in between. Whether that’s through advertising or managing brand partnerships with our Sports + Entertainment team.
But it’s also why we believe in being decent human beings. Either to work with or to work for. Because putting people first is at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in the power of a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture that puts people and creativity at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly and informal style where everyone’s invited, and the collective is more important than the individual.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Your time will be spent contributing strategies to our creatively ambitious McDonald’s and Skoda accounts. You’ll have the mentorship & support of our Partners, Strategy Directors and Senior Planners, as well as direct access to our Head of Planning. Specifically, we’ll need your help with:
- Contributing brilliant insights and strategies to campaigns.
- Synthesising a breadth of data & insight resources.
- Writing briefs and presentations for your campaigns.
- Making an active contribution to the planning department and its culture.
What Skills We’re After:
- Proven planning experience, within a creative agency or in-house team.
- Fundamental creative strategy craftskills – brief writing, deck writing, insight hunting, use of common research tools, the ability to construct a competitive review etc.
- Talent for developing inspiring creative strategies that can lead to outstanding creative.
- Must be able to synthesise complex information into simple and rigorous stories.
- Must be able to use and analyse a range of desk research resources.
- Understanding of basic brand strategy components – positioning, benefit, purpose etc.
- Understanding of campaign and brand performance metrics.
- Strong presenting and relationship building skills.
- Specific category experience not necessary.
What Qualities and Behaviours We’re Looking For
- Creatively driven – a mission to make brilliant creative work that everyone knows about.
- Open – excellent interpersonal skills, able to listen and collaborate with account teams, creatives and clients.
- Curious – an ever-curious observer of popular culture and social behaviour.
- Rigorous – naturally comfortable with leveraging multiple complex data sources.
- Ambitious –a pro-active and energetic self-starter, always hungry to learn, improve and push things forwards.
- Good – Leos people are good people. They are understanding, grounded, humble and kind people. The successful applicant will be this sort of person too.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are a core part of our DNA at Leo Burnett. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates, and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group irrelevant of their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion fuel our creativity and innovation, it enables us to be closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.