Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager (Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire area) – Bensons for Beds – Field based role. £60-70k p.a. (dep on exp) + car allowance, bonus & many benefits (OTE £75-85k+)
The Role – Regional Sales Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our Retail team. (In other retail businesses, this role could be called an Area Manager, Operations Manager, Multi-Site Manager – someone with responsibility for multiple retail teams across a geographical region or area).
The purpose of the role is to inspirationally lead, coach and develop your team of Store Managers, to inspire, coach and develop their teams to succeed. Using our company values and behaviours to create a performance driven culture, that through people, delivers outstanding customer service, operational excellence and sales and profit targets. To support your peer group to collectively deliver Company objectives. Builds effective relationships with central teams to support and influence the development of the future Company strategy. To act as a role model at all times and be an ambassador for the brand.
Full job description is available on request, but to summarise the daily responsibilities include:
- Conduct regular announced and unannounced store visits, reviewing agreed plans, store standards and people activities.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity, offerings and promotions to feed information back centrally
- Successfully implementing business initiatives and product launches, new store openings and ensuring a consistent and committed approach
- Recruit, develop and support your team of Store Managers, ensuring succession plans are in place working collaboratively cross-regionally to understand the bigger picture of retail talent.
- Conduct regular 1-1’s and performance reviews consistently to support your team, planning in development activities and addressing any skills gaps or performance issues, supporting HR processes and ensuring consistency and timely resolution of issues.
- Foster a culture of ownership within each store, ensuring colleagues don’t walk past quality issues, leading by example.
- Plan and facilitate regional monthly meetings with your team to share key business messages and discuss best practice
- Ensuring compliance in all health and safety, audit, GDPR and training matters
- Develop cross-functional relationships between retail and logistics, manufacturing and support colleagues to the benefit of our customers and overall business.
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days. Whilst you’d be used to planning your own rota, there would be a need to see the business at key times and peak periods (so some evenings / weekends to support your teams when our stores are busy). We have 7 regions in our UK business. This role will be looking after the area from Reading (west of London) across to East Anglia (Ipswich/Norwich) and from Stevenage down to Croydon. Ideally the successful candidate will be based within this geographical area for accessibility to all 25 sites.
We are looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager with the following skills, experience and attributes to be successful in this role:
- Multi-site management experience within a retail, sales or customer service environment
- Confident leadership style, evidence of challenging the status quo to improve results
- Demonstrable coaching and development skills, where you’ve seen employees enjoy promotion as a result of your mentorship
- Customer and colleague obsessed – it’s all about the people!
- Owner mindset – happy to work with others cross functionally and push out of your comfort zone to solve problems
- Open minded, happy to adapt and take on others views and ideas, can use initiative and think outside the box
- Effective communicator, shares challenges and supports within your team and across the wider business and is a team player in the broadest sense
- Determined to deliver results and drives own development to keep pushing the region forward.
In return for your contribution to the team’s performance, we offer a competitive base salary of £60-70k p.a. (dep on exp) plus all these extra benefits:
- Regional management bonus scheme giving a realistic OTE of £75-85k+
- Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- *Medicash – cashback options for Health and Wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other healthcare services and more)
- Unum Income Protection – for peace of mind if you’re off work long term due to illness
- *Pension scheme – provided by Legal & General
- *BUPA Private Healthcare
- *Discounted Gym membership
- *Cycle to Work scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave as standard plus the option to buy & sell annual leave – you can top up your holiday entitlement or sell unused days to suit you
- *Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression – access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- *Long service awards and ‘Love to Shop’ voucher rewards to spend as you like
(*qualifying periods apply)
About Bensons for Beds
We’re Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness™ at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of becoming the market leading beds retailer with a strong omnichannel presence.
If you love working with a great team, engaging with a variety of challenges, growing your skills and developing the business then click now to apply to join us!
There is a brief online application process to complete, to tell us about yourself, answer some questions and confirm your eligibility. We’ll reply to you asap!
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: £60-70k + bonus & benefits (OTE 75-85k)