Senior Youth Support Worker – Full Time only – £23961 per annum PLUS £50 per sleep in
Shifts are 8am to 11pm – Sleep is 11pm to 8am – 1 day on & 2 days off – 3 week rolling rota.
Week 1 = 2 days working. Week 2 = 2 days working. Week 3 = 3 days working.
This is not elderly care – You will need to have experience of supporting younger people
At LINX16+ our primary objective is to provide vulnerable young people with quality support and guidance within a safe environment to enable them to develop the necessary skills to live full and independent lives within the local and wider community. We are committed to working in partnership with commissioning bodies to provide quality services supporting young people to prepare them for transition to independence and adult life. We support young people leaving care, young people at risk of homelessness, unaccompanied young asylum seekers and pregnant teenagers amongst others.
What is the role?
As a Senior Youth Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting not only our service users but also the staff to ensure the smooth running of our services. You will be the link between our service users, the staff teams, senior management and other stakeholders whilst still adopting a hands on approach to supporting our young people. You will assist in all aspects of the running of the service including mentoring and managing new and junior staff, collating physical resources, good housekeeping and the maintenance of the physical environment of the service. The role also requires you to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are maintained and that cover is provided when required. You will also review, reassess and change support plans in line with the individual needs. Other duties as requested by the Service Lead.
What do we look for?
- Experience supporting young people with emotional, behavioural or complex support needs
- Ability to work within a challenging environment where younger people may need support in understanding your guidance has their best interest at heart
- Experience of working with parents and external stakeholders
- To be able to manage the staff in a way which develops the team approach, but also in a manner which maintains your senior role and position
- To have the knowledge and ability to work with and develop an awareness within the staff team of positive action and anti-discriminatory practice
- Patience, empathy and the desire to create positive outcomes for our service users whilst ensuring a tailored response rather than a “one size fits all” approach
- Flexibility to work various shifts including weekends on a rota basis and sometimes short notice changes in shifts
- Sleep ins may form part of your role and offer an additional £50 per sleep
Friendly – passionate and caring nature
Positive – pleasant and approachable
Empowering – others to become stronger and more confident in controlling their lives
Person Centred – allowing our children to explore & utilise their own strengths
Innovative – by using or introducing new engagement methods and ideas
Rewards and Benefits
- £500 Welcome Bonus*
- £1000 Refer A Friend scheme*
- Dedicated learning and development programmes
- Free DBS check
- Company Pension scheme
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond directly in some cases. If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Senior Youth Support Worker [SYS-6508]